Why Specialized Pelvic Physical Therapy?
- Pelvic floor muscles sometimes become tight, spastic, or weak from disuse, trauma, surgery, or chronic holding pattern resulting in pelvic pain, low back pain,
incontinence, or other related pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Stephanie Lowery is certified in pelvic physical therapy through the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). After a three year training process, she
is specially trained to evaluate men and women suffering from pelvic floor dysfunction and develop a personalized treatment plan.
Conditions Commonly Evaluated and Treated in Physical Therapy:
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary urgency and frequency
- Voiding dysfunction
- Fecal incontinence
- Chronic prostatitis
- Muscle strengthening prior to pelvic floor surgery
- Rehabilitation following pelvic floor surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Pain during pregnancy
- Postpartum pelvic floor dysfunction
Questions about your Insurance coverage for physical therapy services?
Contact us at 440.951.2278 or use our secure contact form